Spend your break doing meaningful work.
Every year LUPE hosts Alternative Winter Break and Alternative Spring Break students from universities acroos the United States. If you’re looking to learn about immigration, border communities, economic justice and more – LUPE is a great fit for your program needs!
Activities included in the trip:
- Learn about immigration reform and immigrant rights organizing through colonia house meetings
- Witness and learn about the US-Mexico border wall
- Volunteer in Colonias, low-income neighborhoods along the border
- Work with Proyecto Azteca to refurbish and construct parts of housing units for low-income residents
- Visit El Milagro Clinic
- Meet with workers to learn about economic justice and workers rights
- Visit La Posada Shelter to learn about immigrant detention
- Meet with civil rights activists to learn about the work to combat human rights abuses at the border