Are you a dreamer looking to get involved in the push for the DREAM Act?
Are you a high schooler looking for help attending college?
Are you a young person from the colonias looking for a way to help out your community?
Then this page is for you. Here you’ll find resources of all different kinds to help you find your path in life. We know how hard it can be to be poor, undocumented and young and want to help!
* Sign up to be a LUPE volunteer and help bring justice to the colonias. Sign up here.
* Join LUPE on facebook for action alerts, campaign updates and news related to immigration, the DREAM Act, and more. Visit our page here.
* And follow us on Twitter while you’re at it: @LUPE_rgv
* Join a community of undocumented youth fighting for the DREAM Act and equality for all immigrant youth. Link up with the fight at DreamActivist.org
* Are you looking for help paying for college? Click here for a list of scholarships available to high school and college students, weather you have a social security number or not (opens a word document).
* Are you looking to get your High School Equivalency? Become a member of LUPE and take your GED classes free of charge at our Alton and Mercedes offices! Call for more details: 584-3636 (Alton) or 565-2761 (Mercedes).
* Are you from a migrant family looking for help attending college? The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) assists students who are migratory or seasonal farmworkers (or children of such workers) enrolled in their first year of undergraduate studies. Learn more about the program at UTPA by clicking here.
* Are you in high school and looking for college prep? Upward Bound provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Learn more here.
* Are you undocumented and feeling alone? Depressed or having thoughts of suicide? You’re not alone. UndocuHealth is a project of the National Immigrant Youth Alliance that connects undocumented youth with support for mental health issues. From their website: “We stand together, in solidarity with those facing depression and other mental health issues that are a result of years of living in a society that tells us that our lives are not worth living, years of feeling like our dreams and life are slipping away.” Get connected here.