Servicios de inmigración

Servicios de inmigración

En LUPE, proveemos servicios de inmigración familiar de calidad a los miembros de LUPE a precios accesibles. Gracias a la membrecía y la participación de nuestros miembros, tenemos dieciseis años ofreciendo servicios sociales accesibles a nuestra comunidad de bajos recursos.


On June 15, 2012, President Obama created a new policy calling for deferred action for certain undocumented young people who came to the U.S. as children. Applications under the program which is called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) began on August 15, 2012.

First-time applicants: To apply for DACA, the following must apply to you:

  • I am currently 15 years old or older, or I am under 15 but in removal proceedings.
  • I was born after June 15, 1981.
  • I started living in the U.S. before June 15, 2007 and have lived here ever since.
  • I started living in the U.S. before my 16th birthday.
  • I was in the U.S. before my 16th birthday.
  • I was in the U.S. on June 15, 2012
  • I haven’t had any serious trouble with the law.

Renewals: You may submit your DACA renewal application 120 – 150 days before your current work authorization expires. For example, if the expiration date on your work authorization is November 1, 2014, you must reapply no sooner than June 4 and no later than July 4.

When you come to LUPE to renew your DACA, please bring the following:

  • I-821D Approval notice (Deferred Action)
  • I-765 Approval notice (Employment authorization)
  • Employment Authorization Card
  • Social Security Number
  • 2 American-size passport photos (2″ x 2″)
  • A money order in the amount of $465 for immigration processing fees and a separate money order for LUPE offices fees and postage
  • If you has any incident with the police or immigration, all documents (police and court) related to the incident so we can determine how that may affect your renewal
  • If you left the country with authorization, bring your departure records
  • Remember that LUPE is a membership-based organization, and we depend on you renewing your membership to be bale to help the community. If you are not yet a member, click here to learn about our membership.
U.S. Legal Permanent Residency

LUPE services on permanent residency:

  • Obtaining residency
  • Family based petitions
  • Green Card/I-90 renewals
U.S. Citizenship

To obtain a U.S. Citizenship, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Reside in the U.S. as a permanent resident for five years (three years if obtained residency through marriage)
  • You are at least 18 years old
  • You might qualify to take the civics exam in Spanish if you (1) are older than 50 and have at least 20 years as Legal Permanent Resident or (2) are older than than 55 and have at least 15 years as Legal Permanent Resident

LUPE services on citizenship:

  • Legal assistance
  • Application preparation
  • Exam preparation class
  • English as a Second Language Class
¡hazte miembro!