¡AL COLEGIO, SI SE PUEDE!
SPRING 2023 APPLICATION
(Or scroll for English)
Al Colegio Si Se Puede is a one-year college readiness program created to help undocumented, first-generation, and/or low income high school seniors have a successful journey to college. The program has three major components: program sessions, case management, and community engagement. These components work together on developing the areas of education, careers, leadership, and foundational skills.
Program sessions are the regular meetings of the cohort for delivery of the curriculum.
When: sessions are twice a month on Saturdays from 1 pm to 3 pm.
Where: In-person sessions take place in our LUPE San Juan office, located on the corner of Cesar Chavez Rd and Business 83 in San Juan, TX.
What will we cover: program sessions cover important topics you will need to have a successful journey to college such as financial aid applications, selecting the right college for you, applying for scholarships, advocacy, time management, resume building, etc.
A full list of topics and dates will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
This is the most personalized element of the Al Colegio Si Se Puede program. Each student will have the opportunity to receive one-on-one attention from program staff at several points during the program. This time can be used for specific program activities, such as reviewing the financial aid process or checking in on college applications.
Community is an essential part of LUPE, and students in the program will have the opportunity to build relationships and network with students from schools across the Rio Grande Valley from similar backgrounds and interests.
- Be a high school junior or senior for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Be a student at a high school in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Be at least one of the following: undocumented / DACAmented, first-generation, low-income.
- Become a LUPE member. You can become a member at any of our offices (insert link to offices). Students only pay $20 for an annual membership.
- $100 stipend at completion of the program
- Gas cards at the end of every session to qualifying students
Registration: Jan. 23 - Feb. 10
Program kick-off: Feb. 11
End of program: June 2023